Everyone deserves great company – let us match you with a senior so you can make a real difference in your community.
A small amount of your time as a volunteer can make a huge difference to the life of a senior. A helping hand, a listening ear, and a friendly smile can all make a senior feel more socially connected, and inspire them to rekindle life skills and hobbies they once enjoyed. Your company can provide support in remaining independent and connected to community, not to mention sharing many smiles along the way.
In Great Company is a flexible volunteer program, which takes your skills and goal and matches them to a real friend!
Why volunteer with In Great Company?
- enjoy a chat and a cuppa, and listen to some amazing living histories;
- share a hobby or interest that you love;
- bring your volunteer sparkle to a senior and have some fun too;
- gain some invaluable work experience or fulfill your Centrelink requirements;
- help to ensure others are less isolated and have some great company;
- help to support hard-working carers to have a break;
- provide a link for seniors to participate in their community again;
- help to make life easier by assisting with small tasks that mean the world.
Let us match you to the perfect volunteer role that will help you shine, and live your best life!
Read our volunteer stories
The significance of deep friendships in combating loneliness, and the hurdles men face in forming and maintaining these connections.
Sometimes, the most beautiful stories begin with a simple radio broadcast. In Tony’s case, his life took a heart-warming turn when he heard about In Great Company’s volunteer program on his local ABC Radio breakfast show. His connection with Jasmine, a volunteer who visits him every fortnight, has blossomed into a story of new adventures and companionship.
Meet one of the latest additions to our team, Tammy, an active 4WD adventure enthusiast whose family is her top priority. In this interview, Tammy shares her personal and professional journey, highlighting the satisfaction she finds in making a difference in the lives of lonely seniors.