Here to give back?
We’re excited to have you on board! Our mission is to make sure that no person feels lonely – and you can certainly help with that. At In Great Company, we know that life has a lot of different challenges, and we want to be there for those facing them, together. Just an hour of your time can make a huge difference to another person’s life.
Our volunteer opportunities are wide-ranging and depend on the area you choose to volunteer in, but some of the examples include:
- Providing help with small tasks around someone’s home or garden, such as tidying or reorganising;
- Accompanying someone on their errands, such as going to and from appointments or grocery shopping;
- Helping with the preparation and cooking of a meal together;
- Working with In Great Company behind the scenes, such as completing administrative tasks;
- Visiting Feros Care residential villages and participating in the fun alongside residents;
- Providing social support and company to seniors;
- Teaching a client something new.
- Enjoying some down-time with someone, such as listening to music, playing cards, or simply chatting over a cuppa.
The list goes on and the opportunities are only limited by your imagination. Get in touch with us and we can assist with matching you with just the right person.Apply now
Looking for some help?
Our incredible volunteers can assist you with a wide variety of things in and outside of your home. Whether you are on or waiting for a Home Care Package, or in residential care, we can help you stay connected, independent, and active.
What you and your volunteer do together is ultimately up to you, but let our list of examples inspire you:
- Cooking and sharing a meal together;
- Completing small tasks around your home and garden, such as tidying or reorganising;
- Playing games, like cards or chess;
- Going to appointments, social outings, or other outdoor activities together, such as the beach, park, or markets;
- Watching a movie together at home or at the cinema;
- Rediscovering a hobby or light sport you once enjoyed;
- Learning about the use of technology and social media to connect to your family and community;
- Playing or listening to a musical instrument;
- Walking your dog;
- Enjoying some arts and crafts.
The list goes on and the opportunities are only limited by your imagination. Get in touch with us and we can assist with matching you with just the right volunteer.
Want to get involved?
See what being a volunteer with In Great Company is all about and how you could make a positive difference in someone's life.