Everyone deserves great company – let us find you a reliable, skilled, and friendly volunteer visitor.
Your volunteer visitor is there to share your great company, but can also help with small tasks around the home and garden, playing games or having a cuppa, accompanying you to appointments or even helping you with technology. When an In Great Company volunteer visits, the sky is the limit!
First up, we need to understand your interests and hobbies. Then we’ll match you with a friendly volunteer visitor who shares similar interests to you.
Signing up to meet your volunteer is easy. All you need to do is provide us with your details, tell us a bit about what you’d like help with, and we take care of the rest. Our volunteer visitors are personally matched to you, and you can meet them before deciding to proceed.
All volunteer visitors are matched based on shared interests and skills. We also look after your safety at home by ensuring that all volunteer visitors are police-checked, trained to the highest standards, and come with a registered identification badge.
How can our volunteers help?
When it comes to In Great Company, our volunteer visitors offer a rich wealth of skills and interests, making the opportunities endless. Here are some of the most popular examples to guide you:
- playing games, chatting over a cuppa, or simply spending time together in your home;
- helping you to rekindle a hobby you once enjoyed;
- helping you to learn to use technology to connect with your family and community;
- spending quality time with you while your carer has a break;
- help with small tasks around the home and garden, such as tidying, washing dishes, gardening, sorting out those cupboards, or cooking together;
- accompanying or transporting you to appointments, social outings, or other outdoor activities.
Am I eligible?
I live on the Gold Coast, QLD, or Northern NSW:
You can access our free volunteering program if you are aged 65+ and would like more access to the community or enjoy more companionship. If you’d like to learn more, give us a call on 1300 736 930 or apply online and we’ll be happy to help.
I live in QLD, NSW, ACT, VIC or TAS:
You can access our free volunteer program if you are aged 65+ and are;
- Currently receiving Home Care Package services and would like more access to the community or enjoy more companionship; or
- On the national waitlist for a Home Care Package.
If you have received a letter from your Aged Care Assessment Team including the words ‘you are approved as eligible’, then you can apply to be matched with an In Great Company volunteer.
If you’re not sure whether you’re on a waitlist or are needing some assistance, give us a call on 1300 736 930 and we’ll be happy to guide you.
Want to get involved?
See what being a volunteer with In Great Company is all about and how you could make a positive difference in someone's life, by signing up for our volunteer newsletter.