Find a volunteer
Everyone deserves some great company – let us find you a reliable, skilled, and friendly volunteer. Our volunteers enjoy what they do and are here to support you with all the little things – what’s more, they are also great to hang out with!
Whether you want to go to the park together, need help repotting plants, or want someone to run errands with, we can match you with just the right person. Signing up to meet your volunteer is easy. All you need to do is provide us with your details, tell us a bit about what you’d like help with, and we take care of the rest. Our volunteers are all personally matched to you, and you can meet them before deciding to proceed.
All our volunteers are matched based on shared interests and skills. We also look after your safety at home by ensuring that our volunteers are all police-checked, trained to the highest standards, and come with a registered identification badge – and best of all, they provide their help for free!
How can our volunteers help?
When it comes to In Great Company, our volunteers offer a rich wealth of skills and interests, making the opportunities endless. Here are some of the most popular examples to guide you:
- help with small tasks around the home and garden, such as tidying, washing dishes, gardening, sorting out those cupboards, or cooking together;
- accompanying or transporting you to appointments, social outings, or other outdoor activities;
- spending quality time with you while your carer has a break;
- playing games, chatting over a cuppa, or simply spending time together in your home;
- helping you to rekindle a hobby or light sport you once enjoyed;
- helping you to learn the use of technology to connect to family and your community.
Am I eligible?
You can access our free CVS volunteering program if you are aged 45+ and are;
- Currently receiving Home Care Package services and would like more access to the community or enjoy more companionship; or
- On the national waitlist for a Home Care Package.
If you have received a letter from your Aged Care Assessment Team including the words ‘you are approved as eligible’, then you can apply to be matched with an In Great Company volunteer.
If you’re not sure whether you’re on a waitlist or are needing some assistance, give us a call on 1300 736 930 and we’ll be happy to guide you.
Want to get involved?
See what being a volunteer with In Great Company is all about and how you could make a positive difference in someone's life.