Role of the month: September
Each month, In Great Company highlights a role that could help make someone's life better – whether it's through community visits, regular phone calls, or working behind the scenes, we need you to ensure that everyone has someone to rely on.
In Great Company is looking for Slavic-speaking community volunteers Australia-wide.
Be a friend and spend some quality time (in-person or over the phone) with a senior living in the community. Offer a listening ear, be a companion for fun activities or a helping hand for easy tasks at home. Learn from those wiser, and volunteer to keep the young at heart connected to the communities they love. No doubt you’ll develop a soft spot for seniors who speak your language and be able to simultaneously brighten their day!
Work Perks (the good stuff!):
- Meet new people, make new friends, hear and share exciting stories
- Improve employment prospects
- Spend quality time enjoying new and exciting social and cultural experiences
- Feel part of the team with an invite to attend virtual monthly meetings
- You’ll be backed by a training and development team committed to your continuous face-to-face and online learning
- Be part of an award-winning, non-profit community organization.
- Truly flexible and supportive work environment – we walk the talk
What does our ideal volunteer look like?
- Able and willing to travel to clients
- Thrives on helping others
- Energised by interacting and engaging with people
- Flexible availability over a three to six-month commitment
- Enjoy going out and being part of a greater community
- Be compassionate, patient, observant and a good listener
- Comfortable using technology (including smartphones and computers) and basic applications
- 1 short conversation a week/fortnight over a six month period
If you’re motivated to contribute positively to your community then we would love to hear from you!
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact the team at In Great Company on 07 5669 0575, quoting Ref No. 917214.
Want to get involved?
See what being a volunteer with In Great Company is all about and how you could make a positive difference in someone's life, by signing up for our volunteer newsletter.