Role of the month: June
Each month, In Great Company highlights a role that could help make someone's life better – whether it's through community visits, regular phone calls, or working behind the scenes, we need you to ensure that everyone has someone to rely on.
What do you need to volunteer in this exciting program?
- Have a laptop/computer or tablet with internet;
- If you live in the Tweed and surrounding areas, be willing to come into our studio (so you don’t need a device);
- Lead a class or a session for a minimum of 30 minutes to a maximum of 45 minutes depending on the topic;
- Research and/or compile sufficient information on the topic of your interest that will enable you to lead the sessions;
- Manage group dynamics as if it was a classroom or meeting room setting;
- A great sense of humour and love having fun with others!
We are urgently looking for volunteers to run sessions below:
- Art and Craft sessions
- Discussion groups
- Photography tips and tricks
Please get in touch with the volunteer team if you are interested in joining. You will be provided with access to the VSC and training. We look forward to hearing from you.
Want to get involved?
See what being a volunteer with In Great Company is all about and how you could make a positive difference in someone's life, by signing up for our volunteer newsletter.