Important update regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
In Great Company is taking the Australian Coronavirus health alert very seriously. It is our highest priority to ensure we are well prepared, taking the direction of the Department of Health and peak bodies.
As always, the health and safety of our customers, staff and volunteers is paramount. We take great pride in providing quality and safe services and are committed to minimising the spread of COVID-19.
We have well established protocols and processes for infection control events which help keep everyone as safe as we possibly can. All staff, volunteers and related health professionals are working extremely hard to ensure a very strict adherence
to these protocols.
We have taken proactive and extra precautionary measures to reduce the risk of the virus.
- Regular broadcast and visual communication to keep everyone informed and diligent
- Infection control refresher training face-to-face and online for staff
- Increased monitoring of clients and residents by all staff for any ‘flu like’ symptoms and immediate reporting protocols
- Restricted residential village visitor access as per federal government directive March 18, 2020
- Ordering and implementation of extra personal protective equipment and other sanitising supplies
- Introduced extra higher-grade premises cleaning
During this time, we would like to send a strong reminder to all of our customers and family members of the critical importance of frequent hand washing, coughing into crook of your arm, binning used tissues, social distancing and avoiding close contact
with others if you are feeling unwell.
As per the Australian Government directive March 18, 2020 the following visitors and staff (including volunteers, visiting workers and contractors) should not be permitted to enter the facility:
- Those who have returned from overseas in the last 14 days;
- Those who have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days;
- Those with fever or symptoms of acute respiratory infection (e.g. cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath); and
- Those who have not been vaccinated against influenza (after 1 May 2020) – more information is to be provided by Government early next week.
The precautions we have taken are to protect our customers, family members, staff and volunteers. We understand your potential frustration but we rely on your assistance to help keep our community safe during these trying times.
For further information, we guide you to The Department of Health who are providing regular updates and information on the status of the situation.
Department of Health COVID-19 - https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert
Residential and Aged Care Workers - https://www.health.gov.au/resources/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-health-care-and-residential-care-workers
Residents, Family Members & Visitors - https://www.health.gov.au/resources/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-residents-of-residential-care-services-family-members-and-visitors
The Department of Health has also set up a special Coronavirus help line 1800 020 080.
Want to get involved?
See what being a volunteer with In Great Company is all about and how you could make a positive difference in someone's life, by signing up for our volunteer newsletter.